- The Babe James Community Center is located at 201 N. Myrtle Avenue
- The phone Number is 386-410-2890
- The Center is open for Pickleball:
08:30am to 1:00pm on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday
08:30am to 12:30pm on Wednesday
NOTE: The Babe James Community Center is the home of the New Smyrna Beach Leisure Services' after school programs and will be closed for Pickleball when school is not in session.
The park is located at the intersection of Mary Avenue and Milford Place in the Historic West Side of NSB (3 blocks from the Babe James Community Center).
Organized play on Tuesday & Thursday starting at 08:30 - 9:00am and Thursday at 6:00pm. All other times is open play. The skill level of the people attending vary so you will have no problem putting together an interesting and enjoyable game of pickleball.
Pettis Park has two lighted Pickleball courts, a practice wall, a tennis court (lined for pickleball play), two Racketball courts, two large pavilions, two basketball courts, a playground, and restroom facilities.
Note: The NSB Pickleball Club has Adopted Pettis Park. We are looking for a coordinator for this Adopt-A-Park program . This does not take a great amount of time. Just have the people waiting to play the next game, police the area. Fill out a form, once a month. Contact Jim Brown firstname.lastname@example.org 614-313-3512.
These courts are located next to the City Gym and NSB Library. Parking is available at the City Gym/Live Oak Cultural Center or at the NSB Library. The courts face East/West so sun may be a factor early in the morning or late in the day. Courts are designated for open play. Courts are NOT lite for night play.
There is organized play on Saturday mornings starting at 9am. The skill level of the people attending vary so you will have no problem putting together an interesting and enjoyable game of pickleball.
The NSB Gym is an indoor gymnasium. It is adjacent to the new Live Oak Cultural Center located at 1000 Live Oak Street (across the parking lot from the NSB Library)
NOTE: Please DO NOT PARK in the slashed parking area behind the Live Oak Cultural Center. That area is for people who load their vehicles for "Meals on Wheels".
Detwiler Park will close May 15-29 to resurface the basketball court and and five tennis courts (two of which will also be re-striped for pickleball play). Park restrooms will remain open during this time.
- Detwiler Park is located at Oakwood Avenue and Horton Street midway between Flagler Avenue and Third Avenue in the central beachside area of New Smyrna Beach. The facility includes lighted courts, restroom facilities and a children’s playground.
NOTE: The courts are shared with tennis players.
Organized Play Schedule (Click on the picture for email notification)
- MON/WED/FRI: Pickleball play starts at 10am (There is a tennis group that uses most of the courts before 10am).
- TUES/THUR: Pickleball play starts at 8am for early birds, but a 9am show time is OK. (There is a tennis group that uses some of the 3 remaining tennis courts on Tuesday and Thursday mornings).
- SAT/SUN: Pickleball play starts at 9am.